Applicants are supposed to apply directly to Higher Education Institutions. Those who are going to apply have to be either a final year student or a graduate from a high school, equivalent to Turkish high schools.
a) Applications of those defined below will be accepted:
- Of those are Turkish citizen by birth yet who have the right to expatriate oneself from Turkish citizenship through Ministry of Internal Affairs and of those whose unregistered children who are under age but are substantiated to have the Legal Document Regarding the Usage of Given Rights as of Turkish Citizenship Law, ( There is a statement “(1) The child who is born to a union of marriage of a Turkish citizen mother or a father in or outside of Turkey is considered as Turkish citizenship” in article 7 of the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901, therefore those prospective students who are to apply for overseas quotas need to examine Turkish Citizenship Law).
- Of those who are foreign nationals yet have the acquired nationality of TC citizenship/ of those dual nationals being in this status,
- Of those TC nationals who complete their secondary in a foreign country except KKTC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus/ TRNC) (Including those who complete their secondary education in any Turkish schools abroad except TRNC).
- Of those TRNC nationals; those reside in TRNC and complete their secondary education in TRNC with GCE AL exam results and of those who will have the GCE AL exam results,
b) Applications of those mentioned below will not be accepted:
- Of those T.C. nationals completing their secondary education in Turkey or TRNC,
- Of those TRNC nationals (excluding those who complete their secondary education in high schools in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results and those who are enrolled in private or public high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and receive education within GCE AL exam results or those who are to get those exam results),
- Of those specified in 2 clause of the article a who are dual nationals yet whose first nationality is T.C. by birth ( excluding those who complete their secondary education abroad except TRNC / those who complete their secondary education in Turkish schools in any foreign country except TRNC),
- Of those dual nationals whose one nationality is TRNC (excluding those who complete their secondary education in TRNC high schools and have GCE AL exam results and those who are enrolled in private and public high schools between 2005 and 2010 in other countries and have education with GCE AL exam result and those who will take GCE AL results),
- Of those T.C. nationals who have education in high schools within the body of embassies and who receive education in international high schools based in Turkey or of those dual nationals whose first nationality is T.C. by birth that is specified in clause 2 of article a.